Monday, August 28, 2006

Pub quiz


The group Geeks Who Drink, which does a weekly pub quiz at McCabe's at 8 p.m. Wednesdays, invited me to host a "celebrity" quiz this week.

I was struggling for a theme and decided to make this as self-indulgent as I possibly can, basing all the questions on my favorite movies.

It should be fun.

I saw these guys this weekend at the Business of Art Center's Venue 515, where they were doing a '60s trivia quiz at a fundraiser for the BAC and KRCC. I'm still smacking myself for missing a question asking us to name the X-rated movie that won an Oscar in '69.

I thought "Last Tango in Paris," which didn't come out till '72.

The answer, of course, is "Midnight Cowboy," one of my all-time faves --"I'm walkin' here!"


- WARREN

1 Comments:

At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, how cool. I am so glad that you are a good sport about guest hosting this pub quiz. So, the ivory tower of Gazette stardom has a secret staircase down and out the back to us commoners? ;) Oh... I'm only joshin' ya'. I've loved your reviews for years. I'm new to the pub quiz, so its a pleasant surprise. See you there. Oh yeah, and 'The Scribe' would love to see you as a guest opinion at our Friday 11am meetings.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home