Monday, October 23, 2006

Prestigious!


Don't listen to our wire critic David Germain, whose review ran in GO! on Friday. I saw "The Prestige" yesterday and found it as good as "The Illusionist," which I loved.

I was a little disappointed that "Colorado Springs" didn't look much like Colorado Springs (come on, could you not photo-shop in Pikes Peak, our biggest landmark?) and although Hugh Jackman's character stayed in a hotel that looked a bit like The Cliff House, it was never referred to buy name.

I'm curious to hear what other people thought of it.

2 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, Blogger Eli the Mad Man said...

The Springs is an actual setting in the movie?! Sweet! I wanted to see it before, but now I REALLY want to see it!

 
At 5:56 AM, Blogger Brandon said...

That scene where Bale's girlfriend says something to the effect that, "Oh, well, when you know how the trick is done it's not very interesting anymore" pretty much sums it up for me. I figured it out early on and actually found the film competent, if predictable.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home