Thursday, January 18, 2007

Beyond Golden Globes


You can almost hear the drum rolls.

Hollywood is in that in-between point. The Golden Globes have already been handed out, and the Oscar nominations are out on Tuesday the 23rd.

The Globes made some great choices:

Just from the clips and an NPR report I heard, I can tell Forest Whitaker is amazing in "The Last King Of Scotland" (maybe Kimball's will get it soon); glad to see "Borat" getting more attention, and Scorcese getting his due for "The Departed."

I thought "Children of Men" might get more attention. Also, "Perfume" and "The Good German."

The Globes went gaga over "Dreamgirls," which I haven't seen because I saw it as a Netflixer -- a formula feel-good Motown story. Friends and colleagues have given it real mixed reviews.

What do you think? What movies should the Academy consider when they hand out their nominations next week?



1 Comments:

At 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so disappointed that no theaters in the Springs have picked up Last King of Scotland this week. I and some friends are driving to Denver tomorrow to make sure we don't miss it. Why did Kimballs advertise they'd be showing it and then change their minds ? Sometimes I just don't understand the choices.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home