Monday, February 05, 2007

Where's the rest of Boulder?


My wife felt that after brutalizing her sensibilities by taking her to "Children of Men," I owed her a chick flick.

So we bypassed the darker films I'm dying to see -- "Pan's Labyrinth" and "Babel" and looked for light chick fare. My wife was leaning toward "Because I Said So" because we both liked the trailers and we're both fans of Diane Keaton. But the reviews were so relentlessly bad, I steered her toward "Catch and Release."

The Jennifer Garner and Timothy Olyphant love story "Catch and Release" had gotten middle-of-the-road reviews, but we both thoroughly enjoyed it.

One of the things I found interesting: It takes place in Boulder, and you'll recognize Pearl Street Mall and lots of other Boulder exteriors. But every time the film went into the wilderness, the folliage looked a bit too lush for Boulder. Sure enough, those scenes were shot in Canada.

Boulder apparently just didn't look Boulderish enough.

2 Comments:

At 10:13 PM, Blogger Brandon said...

If you now live in New York City as I do, you find all the Fat Tire drinking done in the film warms the heart. Sniff, sniff

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger Rhonda said...

Much like you never saw our area's greatest landmark, Pikes Peak, while watching "Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home