Monday, April 30, 2007

Introducing new critic


I wasn't going to launch our new critic, Brandon Fibbs for another couple of weeks. But Brandon couldn't let "Spider-Man 3" go without spinning his own web about it.

His review of Spidey will be in Friday's GO! (First reviews look kind of lackluster. Bummer!)

I just saw "Next" last weekend, and it reminded me that Roger Moore, although a clever writer, doesn't get popcorn movies. As he did with "Deja Vu," he looks for plausibility in action adventures. He needs some help with suspension of disbelief.

I think most of us who pay $8 at the door already have suspended plenty of disbelief and we just want to be entertained. What Moore didn't get about "Next" is that it has no ending. Totally enjoyable popcorn movie until the credits rolled and everybody said, "What?!"

Brandon will do better.


Oh, I was also excited to see the preview of "Stardust." Just read the Neil Gaiman novel. Wonderful escapism. Can't want for the movie.

2 Comments:

At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've used Brandon as my own personal movie critic and guide for many years. I'm so excited to see him showing up in your illustrious paper! Well done - you will not be disappointed.

Sincerely,

Bethany Lord
Colorado College '03

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger LadyBronco said...

Yay!

He has a great blog. :0)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home