Monday, May 07, 2007

Oh, what a web they weave...


"Spider-Man 3"

Loved it.

Sure, the critics found a dozen things wrong with it, and they were right. It was bascially Spidey vs. The Kitchen Sink. Too many villains. Too many love interests. Too many close-ups on Tobey Maguire with a tear in his eye.

But, you know, after I'd read a dozen reviews, I'd lowered my expecations. My sons and I saw it at Carmike 10 and had a ball. That theater is terrific, by the way. Lower ticket prices. Better picture, thanks to those digital projectors.

I'd like to know what you folks thought about the movie.

2 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, Blogger Eli the Mad Man said...

Saw Spidey 3 on the IMAX over the weekend. Supremely disappointed. This from a LONG time comic book collector/fan who loved the first two installments.

Loved Venom. Loved Sandman. But it was too long, too slow to get moving and there were too many lovelorn scenes with pasty white boy Toby and pasty white girl Kirsten. The only "fun" part was when he turned "bad boy."

And as you pointed out for PIRATES ("But much of the time, I felt like I was waiting for something to happen... but not in a good way. Not like suspense. More like boredom.")... that is exactly what I thought about Spidey 3. Too bad.

At least the sushi (and 2 large Sapporos) at Ai afterwards made up for the bad taste it left in my mouth. ;)

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Jim Harper said...

Fun flick. It won't change the way we think of film, or comic book movies, or even individual actors achievements, but it was fun.

Won't the movie theatres get the clue soon that movies over 2 hours means customers won't buy drinks? And since we don't buy drinks, we don't buy popcorn? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home