Monday, October 01, 2007

Where are all the kid flicks?


I get that summer's over and now it's time for more adult films.

But it's been a long time since I've seen this kind of slim pickings for family fare.

All the great films I've wanted to see are R: The Kingdom, 3:10 to Yuman, Eastern Promises, Feast of Love, In the Valley of Elah, The Brave One, Death at a Funeral, Resident Evil: Extinction (we all need our guilty pleasures.)

Want a family picture, you have to settle for the disgustingly cute "Game Plan." Argghhh.

I decided to throw caution to the wind and take my boys -- 11 and 15 -- to 3:10 to Yuma, and I'm so glad I did.

It contained one unnecessary F bomb, and was as violent as any Western shoot-'em up. But it's also the most moral film I've seen in years. It's all about what "doing the right thing" means.

The kids loved it and so did I. ... By the way, if you get a chance to see the original 1957 Glenn Ford, it's also terrific (if you can get past the corny theme song.)

1 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Remember when Roy Rogers, Cisco Kid, Durango Kid and many others were seen-1950-60s?
One of those Top Cowboys of the ol time "B" Western movies will be honored on March 1 in the Historic Fort Worth Stockyards. Hope some of you can find your way to these Scared Fort Worth Stockyards for this beautiful TRIBUTE to ROY ROGERS-KING OF THE COWBOYS, represented by daughter Cheryl Rogers Barnett. Many of us will enjoy the Celebration as the Texas Independence Day will be in full swing.Lots of old west MUSIC by the COWTOWN OPRY sponoring this to raise funds for their youth to have private lessons.See: www.cowtownopry.org for details.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home